Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ is the Bread of Life.

This phrase has been with me recently as I studied John chapter 6 as Christ taught his apostles that is is the bread of life and the living water.  I know that when I come to Christ and rely on him things will go right but when I seek to take things upon myself without his help they fail.  At this point in time I am looking for a new job for many reasons.  I have done everything I can think of and now I need to rely upon the Lord to take me where he would have me go.  I know that God does look down with love upon his children and wants to bless them.  His blessings often come in the form that we learn something and that is a very hard lesson to learn some times.  I have to learn to go where he would have me go and understand it is not about money but providing.  I am learning that lesson through my three jobs since graduation that I need to seek one that brings the most blessings to my family which is not money but time and benefits for them.
Back to the bread of life. only by partaking of what he has to offer which is peace and love and guidance can we be filled.  I have learned that my body can go longer than I thought without food and be okay but my spirit needs Christ daily in order to stay healthy.  He is like bread and water in that as we seek him and obey his laws and commandments we will be filled with things we didn't know we had before.
So on at this Easter season as you partake of a great bounty please remember the bread of life is Christ.



1 comment: